cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Asus DSL- AC68U as stand alone router

DaddyGee

Setting up Asus DSL- AC68U as stand alone router

Hi Folks,

I've recently purchased a ASUS DSL-AC68U, and had planned on using it to extend my wireless network by connecting it to my TG582N through an ethernet cable. I've got this set up just now with an old TP-Link router and it works fine, but I can't for the life of me get any signal though the AC68U. 

I have changed one of the LAN ports to primary Ethernet WAN, and have entered all the correct settings for my account, but I'm not getting any signal.

Any help would be appreciated, as the ASUS helpline was less than useful!

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
DaddyGee

Re: Setting up Asus DSL- AC68U as stand alone router

OK , have tried a few options now to try and get this set up as an access point, but nothing seems to be working. Starting to pull my hair out now! Does anyone know what the settings should be to get it working???

dfunked
Grafter

Re: Setting up Asus DSL- AC68U as stand alone router

Just to be clear, you want to keep the technicolour as your main router and connect the Asus to it to act as an access point? Have made sure that it's got a different IP address to your main router and turned off DHCP? I'd turn off WAN as well as you only want the port to be acting as a standard Lan port...

Got to be honest, that sounds like a bit of a waste of a router and is something any old AP could have done instead of using a £100+ router