cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second router and still the same problem (No internet)

plsdeluno
Dabbler

Second router and still the same problem (No internet)

I am not sure if this is the right section for the post but here goes. I have been with PlusNet for 12 days and since joining my internet connection keeps going or is non existent. It usually states ''connected to PlusNet ...... no internet connection'' I have been sent a second router but I still have the same problem so the first router must have been ok. I unplugged the main BT socket and inserted the cable but still no joy. I have just switched off the router and put it back on and now I have the internet again. The speed is slow, it was ok this morning then we went out and on arriving back there was no connection.  I did not have any issues with my previous internet provider so I have no idea what the problem is. PlusNet help advisers have adjusted the settings numerous times but this has not helped. I have reported it again and I am awaiting a response after the weekend. Anyone else have the same issue?  Any help appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Second router and still the same problem (No internet)

mattwelvaert

I'm having exactly the same problem. All worked fine for the first 3 days, after BT had fixed some faults on the line but on the 4th day we started getting the 'connected to Plusnet but no internet access' message. We're in a rural area so don't expect lightening fast speeds but a reliable connection would be nice!

Would be very interested to hear if you find a solution, as I run my business from home and the current service is not fit for purpose!

plsdeluno
Dabbler

Thank you username and password are correct. I still have the problem, in fact while I was responding to your message the connection went again, to fix it I have to turn the router off and then put it back on again.

plsdeluno
Dabbler

Hi Mattwelvaert, I will keep you up to date with what happens. The only way to get the connection back is to switch off the router and then switch it back on. In the 12 months that I was with my previous supplier there was never any issues with the connection so I really don't know what is going on.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Is it just your device (PC/ Tablet) losing connectivity or is the Router itself losing it's broadband connection?
Possibly a blue light or green one depending on model.
Are you connected via cable or wifi?
plsdeluno
Dabbler

Its every device, my laptop connected by cable and every other device connected by WIFI. Its the router that's loosing the connection, I even unscrewed the main BT socket and plugged the cable in direct but still no good.

plsdeluno
Dabbler

Update, two days ago PlusNet called me to say that there was no problem at all with the connection. Yesterday the connection went again and to fix it I switched the router off and on. Today the same again, on returning home there was no connection. To fix it again switch the router off and on. This is not acceptable, it makes streaming a film or Skype impossible. I have just rang and been on hold to customer service for 43 minutes, then I was connected to a customer service person, I spoke and he or she hung up on me with out even speaking to me.

This is the worst company that I have been with, I have complained since I joined 17 days ago. Am I entitled to cancel the contract with out penalties as the service is not being provided as stated?

Any help appreciated

plsdeluno
Dabbler

Update, now the internet connection seems stable, it has not dropped for a while. I have changed the filter a couple of times but I am not sure if that was a problem or not as there is no way of telling if one is OK or not OK. It could be down to just joining PlusNet I don't know, but it seems that at last the line is not disconnecting. The speed is not as fast as it was with my previous supplier but it is working ok.