cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom 2704N won’t connect

RichC

Sagemcom 2704N won’t connect

Hi, just had new phone line installed and trying to get broadband to connect via a Sagemcom 2704 router - all lights go green apart from ‘internet’ light, so no joy.
Tried old Technicolor 582n to see what happened and it connects no problem! Anyone have any ideas why the Sagemcom won’t?
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Sagemcom 2704N won’t connect

Welcome to the forum.

It might not be picking up your Plusnet username and password from Plusnet servers. Try a factory reset by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole. Keep the switch closed for 20 seconds or so and leave it for 10 minutes or so. 

If that doesn’t work go into the settings and manually set it up. Be aware that the WiFi performance of these devices is dire. Many people go onto EBay and get a BT Smarthub 6 for little money. You will find the setting instructions at the top of this board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RichC

Thanks Baldrick1 for the tip, will give that a go tomorrow. Is the old Technicolor router still worth using?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I have never used one but I understand that the Technicolor router has more setting options then the Hub Zero and I doubt that its wireless performance is any worse.

The Hub Zero is a very basic, cheap, single wireless band, minimum cost bit of kit that's been locked down to make it as idiot proof as possible. It's obviously been chosen in order for Plusnet to give a router away with their lowest cost service.  When people look at comparative costs the quality of the freebie modem/router will rarely be taken into consideration.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'