cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom 2704N as wired access point / switch

Yanski

Sagemcom 2704N as wired access point / switch

Hi

Due to my Sagemcom router giving out a weak Wi Fi signal I have replaced it with a BT Homehub 3. This appears to have resolved the wi fi. However there is still a point in the house where I would like to use a second router wired to devices. I was now intending to use the Sagecom, as this second router / wired access point.

So the main router, the BT Homehub is now connected to a TP link downstairs. I have another TP Link upstairs, and I want to cable the Sagemcom to this, and then have couple of ethernet cables from this to my devices. So no wifi from the Sagemcom, just a port for me to connect two devices to, with the signal coming via TP LInk and Ethernet cables.

Is it possible to set up the Sagemcom to do this and if so how? Or it there a better solution. Maybe I just buy a TP Link 5 port switch.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Sagemcom 2704N as wired access point / switch

See this posting: https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Quick-Question-Re-2704n-as-access-poin...

I assume that you use Tp Link Powerline units.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Yanski

I am using TP power lines. yes.

The problem with the link you showed me is the bit about having to flash a new firmware. I don't really know what that means. The TP switches are under £10 so I will prob just get one of them if its too complicated.

Thanks

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I agree that for the cost a switch is a hassle free solution. The problem is that Plusnet lock down the firmware.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Yanski

Thanks very much for your help. I’ve ordered a switch.
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

You made the right choice by getting a cheap switch.

But just in case anyone else comes across this thread when searching the forums, there is no need to flash firmware, you can make the required changes via the hidden expert user page on the router

http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html