cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID keeps dropping

scwass

SSID keeps dropping

For some reason, my SSID just disappears and I lose all connections, the only way to recover is to reboot the router, this is happening on an irregular basis so I can't pin it down to any particular situation or activity, any ideas?

7 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Re: SSID keeps dropping

Hi @scwass, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of the issues affecting your router.

Are you currently using any Amazon Fire devices, at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
scwass

no, I have an amazon echo, but every time the SSID disappears. I see  https://dbtpnhdm.bt.mo appears in the event log, it almost seems a request goes out and that seems to start the issue off

Fixes: 186

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from Broadband to My Router.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 64.0 (64-bit)

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 50

Hi @scwass,

Thank you for confirming that. This issue could potentially be due to your router's firmware. Please can you confirm which version of firmware your router is on at the moment? You can find this by going to http://192.168.1.254 to bring up the router interface. The firmware version is at the bottom of the page.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
scwass

Hi it’s Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Hi @scwass, thanks for your post.

I've just updated our back end system which should resolve the firmware issue for you, by pushing it back to the shipped firmware version.

I've also requested that a fixed version of the newer firmware be pushed to the router ASAP. Our products team will email me when they've pushed it through, at which point I'll update you directly.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you need help with anything else at all.

Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 106

@scwass, I've just pushed a software update to your device that should fix this?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵