cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID disappearing

robbox

SSID disappearing

SSID disappears almost everyday at least once or twice. I've tried renaming the 5GHZ and un-syncing it with the 2.4GHZ, but it's happened again and this time I copied the log.

Noticed immediately that the time stamp on the left showing bizarre behaviour. When I did the copy text, the time was 8:24pm, but looking at the log the time stamp does a jump at 8.20, then on reboot it thinks it's at 1am on 26th April.

Help!

Router log attached

8 REPLIES 8
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: SSID disappearing

Hi @robbox,

I'm sorry that the SSID is disappearing and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

It's possible that this is related to the router's firmware. Please can you confirm the router's software version? You'll find this information at the bottom of the page on the router control panel. Please can you also confirm whether you have any Amazon devices connected wirelessly?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
robbox

software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1

I do have a Fire Stick, but I've had it for some time now and the router issue is more recent. Still it could be the problem. Guess I can disconnect for a few days.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @robbox,

Thank you for providing the software version - I can confirm that this is the latest one.

There have been some compatibility problems with Amazon devices and our newer firmware versions. Please can you try disconnecting your Fire Stick for the next 48 hours and let us know whether the connection settles down? If it does, we can look into moving you onto an older version of the firmware that isn't affected by this issue. If the issue persists when the Fire Stick is disconnected, we'll investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rdunf

Hi, its the same user here as the OP. Disconnected the Fire stick and I think it cured the problem, can you downgrade the firmware? What do I need to do to make that happen?

robbox

I'm back as the OP now, old login name now deleted.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks @robbox, I've raised this with our products team to see if we can get the firmware on the router changed for you to try and work around this issue.

We'll get that pushed out as soon as possible for you.

Thanks for your patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@robbox, I've upgraded your firmware to a newer build that fixes this issue. Hopefully it's helped?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

robbox

Will try with fire stick in place, thanks.