Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Delay by Plusnet _Complete apathy

FIXED
Sujith
Hooked

Royal Delay by Plusnet _Complete apathy

I got a confirmation that the router has been shipped on 20 May 2019 via Royal Mail. 

It has been more than 2 weeks  & I haven't received it yet on 4th June . It is more than 3 weeks since initiation & plusnet customer service also hasn't expedited the second shipment for the lost one.

They dispatched it 2 days after my further request the catch is there is no tracking or priority on this, complete apathy towards customer. Kindly confirm what is the average processing time for an order after request & how do you handle priority issue and the opt out given is 14 days since contract has been made and I have already crossed the withdrawal option

14 REPLIES 14
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Royal Delay by Plusnet _Complete apathy

Hello @Sujith,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to that your router has not reached you in time for your services going live, and for any inconvenience this may have caused. I can assure you we always aim for connections to our service to go as smooth as possible and I am sort this has been the case for you.

I can see that we have dispatched another router which will be with you within 3 to 5 working days. However I do wish to make sure there are no further delays,  please can you check the information in the ticket here and if it is all correct. please get back to us once you are connected so that we can take the actions outlined in the ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Sujith
Hooked

The details are correct but I haven't got any card from Royal Mail as well.

My only worry is I am waiting without the internet and there is no confidence till it is in my post box as there is no tracking number or reference for the same.

I have got a credit of 5 GBP as promised in the ticket & I am not using a landline. Why am I supposed to pay a line rental from 19th May ( GBP 18.99)  when I don't have any internet till date & it is of no use to me.

In my work I have to be online most of the time because I connect with India & US as well & I am incurring a very high charges on the mobile internet as I have to purchase data by GB expecting this to go live & also the reliability and  connectivity is poor., else I have to stay back at office for longer time which of course ruins my physical & mental health.

I was also ready to collect it from your local office. I got a reply that is not possible.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

I recall when I got mine it was sent from a BT Fulfillment Centre.
It comes in a long thin carton which will go through a letter box.
(See image at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plusnet-Hub-One-Router-P-N-253633882-BRAND-NEW/173920687464?epid=11001574...)
If you've got the router you used previously, why not adjust settings for PN's
as a temporary measure?Huh
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Sujith,

Thanks for coming back to us with that confirmation.

I appreciate what you're saying regarding the router, but as my colleague has confirmed, we don't provide tracking for router deliveries - as much as Royal Mail are generally a very reliable service, it is unfortunately a fact of life that things can and do get lost in the post on occasion and regrettably we have no control over that. Obviously, we'll act to rectify any losses as soon as we're made aware of them and I can see that my colleague has arranged for a replacement router to be sent to you accordingly.

In terms of the landline, I understand that you're not using that service, but it is being provided to your property and is available for you to use should you choose to by plugging in a handset - the landline aspect of your account isn't affected by the delay to your router delivery, hence, we cannot discount or refund the charge for this service.

I sympathize that you're having to spend longer at work due to complete work-related tasks that you'd otherwise perform at home. I would point out though that your account is a residential service and isn't intended to be used for business purposes - as such, we'd be unable to offer recompense for any data/call charges you've incurred in the line of your work.

I am genuinely sorry that you're not online yet - I understand that it's frustrating when things don't arrive on time, but my colleagues have genuinely done everything that they can do to get this resolved for you and at this stage we can only ask you to await the delivery of the second router.

Alternatively, as @Gel has suggested, we'd be happy to help you configure a 3rd party router if you have a fibre cable router with you in the interim.

Best wishes

Dave

Sujith
Hooked

I don't think the router pic shared by @Gel  will fit into my Mail Box.

@RandallFlagg @SammyM I have reached Royal Mail fulfillment center and there seems no delivery today and they cannot help me without Reference Number. I don't have any spare router to fix this as I am new to UK and got transferred in last month only.

As per Royal Mail, if it is first class, it is delivered next day. If not , it will be 3 days within UK.(& they work on Saturdays).

Atlast, Sheffield to Leicester is 70 miles only & if the shipment is made on 30 May as updated by plusnet the latest it is expected to be delivered is by 03 June 2019 as conformed by them.

I hope the second one is also lost in transit as what has happened with first and request you kindly initiate the next with the reference number to track.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Sujith,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update. I'm sorry that Royal Mail haven't been able to give you any further information.

As we've advised in our previous correspondence, we are not able to provide a router via recorded delivery for you. We don't dispatch the routers locally - they're all sent via a distribution centre using the same shipping and postal method.

The timescale that we advise for a delivery is 3-5 working days which would take you to tomorrow as the 5th working day (the router left a warehouse on the 30th and would have been with Royal Mail on the next working day, or late the same day).

I've noticed that your address is an apartment building - are there any building management services or internal staff that may have moved your router or taken ownership of it if it was left in a communal area?

Best wishes

Dave

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Sujith
Hooked

40 mm depth wont fit into my mail box for sure.

There is no building management services or internal staff in our apartment and no note by Royal mail as well and the first thing I did is to enquire with my Neighbours. No result.

How to ensure that the shipment has been dispatched to Royal Mail & will you get to know if this has been reversed back incase of any issue. 

My worry is , if this is not delivered tomorrow and as per plus net policy a router can't be sent via recorded delivery / direct collection locally, what is the way forward?

I buy my own router to fix this & you keep on sending the untracked parcel till I confirm Or should I keep on paying the BT  line charges which is not required by me and pay for mobile data waiting near the mail box all day to receive the router.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Sujith,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

I'm genuinely sorry to read you have not received your router, nor do your neighbours have ownership of it.

Our packages are sent via Royal mail from our fulfillment centres as my colleagues have previously mentioned, the timescale we have given of 3-5 working days is correct. While I do understand you are worried and frustrated with this situation the timescale has to complete before we can provide further support - if you have not received the router by tomorrow please let us know.

You can indeed buy your own 3rd party router if you so wish, please let us know the make and model and we'll be able to provide assistance with the set up on our network.

Thank you.

Sujith
Hooked

@SammyM @RandallFlagg @Mads 

2 routers sent as claimed by Plusnet & 20 days passed by ...No router/connection yet..

If not me..can you check what is the status of the routers sent earlier to Royal Mail

Whether..It was received by wrong person,  Did it came back to plusnet because of wrong address.

I have just lost hope Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to see we've sent two routers you've not received. Unfortunately as they're sent regular 1st class delivery we don't get a tracking reference back in order to track where they've gone to.

I think I've identified the issue with the formatting of your address on our systems that we're relaying across to our hardware supplier, which looks like it's resulting in the routers getting lost in the post.

While I understand we've already amended the address and we've ordered another router today, however I've now cancelled this and I've reprocessed it correcting the address formatting that gets sent to the supplier in accordance with the Royal Mail postcode/address checker here: https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

If you don't receive this one then we'll have to try to source a router from our products team and post one out directly from the office here in Sheffield (Assuming we have new Hub One's about, if not we'll have to think of something else).

I'm going to take ownership of this for you moving forward and I'll follow up early next week in the hope you've got the router either over the weekend or Monday/Tuesday.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

@Sujith, I can see your router was dispatched on Saturday.

Can you confirm you've received it please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sujith
Hooked

@Gandalf 

Thanks team for support , finally I have received router now and it is up & running .

I would have been much happier & obliged if the urgency/support that has been shown after the 2nd router loss could have been done after the loss of 1st router.It would have saved atleast 7- 10 days.

Will comment on speed after usage for few days 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm glad to see you've received your router now and I'm sorry that your address wasn't corrected after the 1st router went missing. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet