cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router unstable

Avros19

Router unstable

We recently joined plusnet, receive the hub one everything was going fine. Until we tried to connect to the wifi network. We manage to connect to it however the connection just keeps dropping in and out. We had sky installed yesterday and next to network connections we were continuously getting a cross then a tick then a cross etc. We contacted tech support and changed the channel etc but to no avail. They said they cannot guarantee wifi, well I don't see how both our neighbours and the person who owned the house before us could have Wifi but not us! I'm not fussed even if the speed was slow I just would like wifi, any ideas as to what I could try?
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Router unstable

do you use mac's? You could try splitting the 5GHz and 2.4GHz wireless by giving them different names
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Avros19

Hi,

Yeah we've split them and still will not stay connected.
lundberg2016

Hi

I am having the same trouble with my router.

The kids are forever asking if i have turned the internet off and the wife is fuming that we changed from SKY fiber to Plusnet (on my recommendation) lol.

The signal strength is really poor everywhere in the house. I see better signal strength from both my neighbors networks then my own. I also have to reset the wireless connection constantly. My desktop is connected via Ethernet and i don't seem to have to much trouble with that. Unfortunately everything else is wireless. I have a mixture of Apple, Android and Windows devices connected but they are all having the same trouble as it seem to stem from the wireless operation of the router. I even have occasions where the smart tv tries to connect to the BTWifi-with-FON public network in our area because it has better signal and is not secured. I also cannot get the SKY HD box to operate properly over the wireless network.

I am really disappointed as we didn't have any of this using SKY fiber. I am looking for a third party router to replace the Hub One but i really begrudge having to fork out for it just to get a stable network.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

Matt