cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router restarts every day since my service went live in August

FIXED
douglaslockwood

Router restarts every day since my service went live in August

Sometimes happens more than once a day which is quite annoying as myself and my wife are WFH and use Teams for calls or kids playing online games get kicked off.

Coming from Sky BB , I could count on one hand how many times the internet went down over the last 12 months

This to me seems like a router issue as when the internet goes off , I lose the  IP Address on all wifi and wired devices and my wifi network temporarily disappears, Its like the router is restarting. This would not happen if it was just the broadband line going down surely?

Ive tried plugging into the master socket but makes no difference.

I'm really quite fed up with Plusnet BB so far as I dont think Ive had more than 24 hours DSL uptime:

Googling the issue and it seems quite common : plusnet router restarts every day - Google Search

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Router restarts every day since my service went live in August

@douglaslockwood  Welcome to the forum.

I don't use a Hub One so am not sure where you find it but, log in to the Hub. Go through the Advanced settings and look for the Event log. It might be under something like Troubleshooting or Helpdesk. Look through the log for the time that it failed and see if it gives the reason. If you can find something like 0x3 then that indicates that the cause may be an early life failure in the Hub, which needs replacing.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Good morning @douglaslockwood

Really sorry to hear that you're having connection problems. I've run a few tests on the line this morning which aren't appearing to show any specific faults with the network, although the dropouts are apparent. We can have a look into sending another router out to see if that helps. I'll order one to be sent out now, it'll arrive within 3-5 working days and all P&P fees will be waived.

If that doesn't help, head over to faults.plus.net and get this raised with our Technical Support Team, we'll then raise it with our suppliers.

I'll attach a visual radius to this post which clearly shows the line dropping out from time to time.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
douglaslockwood

Hi, the router arrived today, thanks for the quick service.

I had to enter my broadband username and password credentials as it was connecting with setup@plusdsl.net but once I did that it connecting and I'm online again.

I'll monitor it now to see how it goes

Thanks again

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @douglaslockwood

No problem, let us know if there are any further issues and we'll be happy to help

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
douglaslockwood

New router has fixed the issue it seems, just over 4 days up time now.

thank you again for your help

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great stuff, glad that’s sorted it 😊
Give us a shout if you need any further assistance at all.
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds