cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router problems

antonioltg

Router problems

Hello, I'm having problems with my router, it started to make some electrical noise, and sometimes it will drop the wifi connection.

How can i do to request a new one?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Router problems

@antonioltg 

If the the noise is occurring when downloading, especially if you are using the 5GHz band then whilst it may be irritating it is nothing to worry about. Plusnet will just tell you that the noise is within acceptable limits and advise you to turn off the 5GHz band if you don't like it.

The current Hub One firmware has problems and some people are complaining about wireless links being dropped. You could try separating the wireless bands see https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840 When you have done this try both bands and use the best.

In summary it is unlikely that Plusnet will replace this as there is a fair chance that the replacement will be no different.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @antonioltg,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with your connection. Please can you try separating the wireless bands as @Baldrick1 has suggested and let us know if this doesn't resolve the issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'