cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not allocating IP addesses via DHCP to printers

thedepot

Router not allocating IP addesses via DHCP to printers

Hi

I wondered if someone might be able to help me...

Before we moved property everything work without a problem, exactly how I wanted it. However since moving I just cant seem to replicate the set up. I had replaced the standard PN router with a Netgear Nighthawk router instead.

Since moving I have been unable to configure the nighthawk to connect to PN services at all, so gave up and started to use the standard router for ease, because it worked. The downside is that using the standard router I have been unable to use any networked printers at all. The PN router just doesn't seem to allocate an IP to them at all so they are not detectable on the network. They also don't show as connected on the router admin either.

The interim workaround was to have my printer conntected directly to the ethernet port on my PC, but now I have a second printer so that isn't very feasible.

Any suggestions on what I might be able to try to fix this before I lose my marbles!?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Router not allocating IP addesses via DHCP to printers

@thedepot  Welcome to the forum.

If you have a compatible Netgear modem/ router then it should work. What is the model number and are you on ADSL or fibre?

The problem with using the Plusnet Hub is probably the connected devices are still locked on the Netgear IP address range. Try a factory reset on these devices and set then up from scratch.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

thedepot

Hi thanks for the reply. I did a hard reset on the netgear router a few times but to no avail. 

The new printer has already been factory reset too, I'm trying not to factory reset my existing printer as it has had lots of time spent configuring it to work how I need it (its a commercial printer).

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@thedepot

To help work out why the Netgear Night hawk router does not work...

There are several router models in Netgear nighthawk family, which model do you have?

Do you have Plusnet "Fibre" or standard broadband?

Did you change from standard broadband to fibre or vice versa when you moved?

Regards

Richard