cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router noise

Musette81

Router noise

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered before, however, I haven't been able to find a solution.

I'm relatively new to plusnet and have been finding that my router randomly makes a buzzing sound that sounds similar to electrical interference. 

It honestly sounds like I've got little crickets in my living room. The noise is definitely coming from the router though, can anyone advise how to get it to stop? As I didn't have this noise previously with my old providers router. 

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Router noise

@Musette81  Welcome to the forum.

This has been raised numerous times for years now. Plusnet's line is that the noise is 'within acceptable limits'. Their only suggestion is that you turn off the 5GHz band to see if that reduces the noise level.

Do you have any of your previous ISPs routers, some, especially BT ones, can be set up to work with your Plusnet account? Let us know what you have and maybe help will be forthcoming on setting them up.

Many of us use a BT Smarthub 6 as they are better than Plusnet's hubs.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Musette81

Re: Router noise

Thank you @Baldrick1
I do have my old sky router but will see if I can get my hands on one of the BT hubs to see if it'll make a difference.