cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router noise

georgeth

Router noise

Hi,

Please could you send out a new router please? I have the same issue as alot of other people where the router makes a loud noise constantly. 

I don't want to turn off 5GHz because I need it for some of my devices. 

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Router noise

Hi @georgeth

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing router noise.

As you may have seen from other posts on the forum, we're unable to replace the Hub One for noise issues as we've been advised by our suppliers that this is within the tolerance of its design.

You may find that splitting the frequencies (rather than turning off 5ghz) helps to minimise of negate this, as per this thread here.

Best wishes

Dave

jondoakley

I have join Plusnet and I have had my hub one change due to noise that it is making now I know its not the wifi plus an friend of mine is also with plusnet but has an different type off route then me he has no problem with noise issues at all 

georgeth

Hi Dave,

Someone replied to this thread and said they had their router replaced and it stopped the sound. It would be great if we could try this please. The router sits in close proximity to where I work and it’s extremely distracting.

Best wishes,

George
jondoakley

Attachly the replacement that I had is making the noise I am using a old router that I got but I am making a point that the problem might be is with hub one as my friend has different type and have zero problems
jondoakley

Hello
I would like to know what you are planning to do with the issue that I am having with router as I don't what to use the router that I am using at this time
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Plusnet are planining to do nothing. Some HUB1 routers make a noise, Plusnet say it is within manufacturer's spec so it's OK. If you don't like it get a different router. The BT HH6 works well on Plusnet.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
georgeth

I’m glad you see that as an acceptable outcome but I really don’t.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@georgeth 

I very much doubt that any one who responds considers the noise to be acceptable, they are simply passing on the policy decided by the Plusnet suits, setting such policies in the background.

As @RealAleMadrid  suggests BT Smarthub 6 modem/routers are much better devices and make no noise. They can be picked up for very little money from auction sites such as Ebay. You will find setting instructions on the Router board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @georgeth

Thanks for getting back in touch - as @Baldrick1 has alluded to, we're unable to replace the Hub One as I've previously advised.

I'm sorry is this wasn't the outcome you were looking for, but I can only reiterate the previous advice that I've offered.

Best wishes

Dave