cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router malfunction

kierengeorge

Router malfunction

Hi
I have been told by you technical support team that I have to use this forum to contact the products team as they have been unable to fix my router issues.
Issues: several months ago it started failing to connect devices to the Internet via wfi. After a long diognostic process with your technical team, it was discovered the 5 mhtz chanel was not working and so this was split from the 2.4 and I was told to not use it.
Since then I have had regular dropout issues. I upgraded my broadband package as it seems to be when multiple devices are streaming but this has not helped and I am not getting the advertised speed via WiFi (I do get it via cable). Also cirtain devices (my printer, ring doorbell and chromecast) will not connect.
As well as seperating the bands, your technical team have run a full diognostic. I have tried a factory reset and tried changing the bands this has not worked. Although the technical team are unable to fix the issues,they have said they do not have the authority to replace the router and I need to contact you (the products team) in this way.
Please can you help?
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 397

Re: Router malfunction

@kierengeorge  have a read of this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/td-p/1696363

particularly the first post!. If your symptoms match those then add a post to the end of that thread requesting the trial firmware to be pushed to your router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kierengeorge

Re: Router malfunction

Hi Mister W 

Thanks for your help - The thread you have pointed to is about the 5GHz issues only, that was fixed (by disabling splitting the channel and then not using the 5GHz bit) it’s the other problems - the fact my printer/ring/ chromecast won’t work and devices keep dropping off the 2.4GHz) that are making the router un-usable.