Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router light blue but no internet

zwright
Hooked

Router light blue but no internet

Hi all,

I’m hoping that someone can help me out with this. I got off the phone with Plusnet who had no solution for this other than sending a new router, and with working from home my only option right now, I need a fix preferably quicker than in 3-5 days.

For the last 14-16 hours my Plusnet One Hub has been showing the solid blue light, with all my devices successfully connecting to the network (and the hub manager showing connected too), but no webpages are loading.

I have tried a soft reset, a factory reset and ensured to add my own username to the login settings after doing so but have no luck still.

I have additionally attempted to change the DNS settings but it did not help.

I am unsure if this is relevant but my hub’s software version is 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 and last updated is Unknown.

Any help would be really great.

17 REPLIES 17
nrktheone
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Router light blue but no internet

Hi bud,

I have same problem as you have. Tried all sorts of things with no luck.. Gonna go back home in two hours and will try call them,but reading your post it doesnt look good! I reveived new router a month ago, and same as you i cant wait 3-5 days (if it happens that they gonna send new router)

If you will find any solution please let me know. Ill do the same.

The only thing i havent tried yet is to do hard reset on plusnet hub. 

Phone lines working fine..

zwright
Hooked

Hey!

Part of me is wondering if it’s to do with a current BT fault in multiple parts of Scotland and England, but on the phone Plusnet said it wasn’t on their end.

Appreciate your response, if anything changes I’ll give you a buzz. I hope you manage to get yours sorted out, nothing worse than having a million things to do and no working internet.
nrktheone
Dabbler

Mate, i had to go to my friends house to sort some work related things its a nightmare. I run out of data on my phone already. Monday conference call etc.. 

Looks like more internal fault than external,but i could be wrong. 

Did you try plug in to test socket on your master socket? 

zwright
Hooked

Absolute nightmare, almost out of data myself, and that’s expensive to get add ons for too.

Fingers crossed yours is all sorted by Monday.

Master socket working fine, and whilst on the phone Plusnet tested our phone line which was working fine too.

This is just another issue amongst so many others with them as a provider. Before this the connection would drop multiple times a day while remaining blue and the signal in our flat is pretty abysmal, we had to buy two extensions (it’s a 3 bed student flat, pretty small).
nrktheone
Dabbler

You mention your broadband dropped 14-16 hours ago,by any chance it was between 20-2100? 

zwright
Hooked

Pretty much spot on with the timings there. Got home around 7:45 and it wasn’t on then.

My router is also now showing a solid orange light rather than a blue one. Ugh!!
nrktheone
Dabbler

That means it`s not only us two there is more!

Orange light could mean that maybe somebody looking at it.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

There's certainly a number of ongoing BT outages https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Woody65
Hooked

Hi,
I have the same problem. No internet when I checked at 7.30pm last night. Blue light is on but no connection to the internet. Checked all the usual things but still no luck. I live near Dundee. Hope this is fixed soon.
zwright
Hooked

It must be a fault, we are in Dundee city and it’s still not working.

Woody65
Hooked

Looks like there is a few of us with the same problem. I will keep checking this thread for any updates.
nrktheone
Dabbler

haha im in tayport lol
But canna see any fault in fife.
Woody65
Hooked

I am in Gauldry. Cannae even watch the football this afternoon ☹️
nrktheone
Dabbler