cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps disconnecting

bl4mm

Router keeps disconnecting

Hi.
My router disconnects at least once a day. Been doing it now for a couple of weeks. Apart from being an inconvenience while it happens I am more concerned that this will effect my overall speed. I understand they are supposed to be left on to allow the speed to normalise. So disconnect regularly is not good.

I have done all the normal checks. Master socket, filter, removing devices etc etc.

Ta
4 REPLIES 4
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Router keeps disconnecting

Hi @bl4mm

I've taken a look into this for you and found an external issue on your line. 

I have raised this to our supplier to investigate - take a look at the ticket I have left regarding this issue here

bl4mm

Thank you!
wilkygr52

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS, THEY BLAMED BT ON FRIDAY LAST WEEK, BUT THE ROUTER IS NO BETTER ,THE WHOLE SYSTEM NEEDS A BIG SAHKE, INCLUDING THE TECHNICAL SIDE, THEY ARE ALL SMOOTH TALKING VERY APOLOGETIC AND THATS AS FAR AS THEY GO, I REGRET LEAVING PREVIOUS PROVIDER Angry

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @wilkygr52

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband service.

I have investigated the issue for you and we are no longer able to detect an external fault however, we are seeing multiple drops in the service.

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here.

If you continue to experience problems after this, please reply to ticket here which I have updated with the above information. This is so we can investigate the matter further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional