Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router failing?

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Router failing?

Hi, 

I have high speed fibre broadband using the supplied router. It has worked OK for the last 12 months but now I occasionally get a message saying I have no Internet connection although the blue light remains constant. Connecting to the router can take several attempts, I only have wireless connection. I am wondering if the wireless part of the router is failing. I was actually sent two routers when I signed up, if I replace with the other router will it connect automatically or does plusnet have to do anything, 

Regards, 

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Router failing?

@Chrisvesey 

There are currently all sorts of wireless problems with the Hub One firmware.

The first thing to try is separating the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. See. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

Try each in turn and if this fixes it use the best.

Anothe thing to try is to go back inti the router wireless page and try manually selecting different channels.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Chrisvesey

As @Baldrick1 states, there is a known issue with the Hub One firmware.

It is described in the pinned post here
https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/td-p/1696363

Please follow the instructions there to help alleviate the problem until a fix is found.
Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi, 

Thanks for the replies guys, I did change and separate the channels when I first got the system but I can't understand how it has been OK all this time then suddenly start playing up. I do have rather a lot on it at the moment but not all at at the same time, two laptops, three tablets, two phones, youview and alexa, I wondered if this was too much, 

Chris

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Hi @Chrisvesey

If it was working fine for you up to recently have you added any new devices around the time it started to fail?

Plusnet still don't know what triggers the issue so any info on that from you would be helpful to @bobpullen .

In some cases the problem does seem to not show for a while but once it starts it seems to get more frequent.

If you could post your info in the thread I provided the link to it may help Plusnet fix this.