cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router connected but nothing works

Ljverheyden

Router connected but nothing works

The router is showing a blue light and my admin page says that everythig is connected but no internet on any of my devices. Ive re set turned off ect. I had my text that everything is set up this morning. Keeps asking me to sign in but doesnt seem to do anything
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Router connected but nothing works

@Ljverheyden Welcome to the forums.

If you have only just been informed that 'everything is set up', it can take up to 12midnight for all the automatic setup procedures to complete.

Post back tomorrow if you still can't get on line, but please do not attempt any further 'DIY' attempts - they can interfere with the auto-setup system.

John
Ljverheyden

Ah okay then. Does the router need to stay plugged in. I recieved a text saying thatbthe phone service is ready to use. Is this the same as the broadband?
jab1
Legend

Yes, leave the router plugged in/powered on.

Your phone service should work with no problem as soon as you are informed it is live, and apart from both services coming down the same wire, they are independent.

John
Ljverheyden

So the red b sign amd red power bar is normal. It was blue then when i tried connecting my phone it started asking for connection details and then thenrouter went red?
Hope i havent ruined anything
jab1
Legend

Ah, so you were talking about a mobile phone? The 'phone service' PN & I were referring to is the landline service.

Hopefully, you will connect OK overnight, but do not attempt any further connections to the router today.

Come back to this thread if you have problems tonorrow.

John
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @Ljverheyden

From what we can see this is resolved now.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team