cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router connected but can't connect to internet

FIXED
laurat_99

Router connected but can't connect to internet

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me, but I was supposed to be set up with Plusnet Broadband on 3/7 and I got a text on the 4/7 saying my home phone service is ready, is that the text I am waiting for re broadband being ready? I have turned router on and it says it's connected (blue) and I can connect to it on my phone but can't access any internet pages or Facebook etc. The router is saying it's connected as username setup@ rather than my username but if I put my username and password in it won't connect. Don't want to wait on the phone for ages to find out it's not ready yet (it is 3 days late if that's the case!) so any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Router connected but can't connect to internet

Hi, If it connects using the 'setup' user but not your own username/password then it would appear that, although your broadband is actually active, your account hasn't been activated automatically and so the auto-configuration isn't working. I'm sure one of the PlusNet help team will be along shortly to assist...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

laurat_99

Thank you! Glad it doesn't appear to be that it's not ready yet. Hopefully they will be able to sort today. Thanks again for the reply.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Sorry for the delayed response.

I've just activated your account so you should be able to get online.

Let us know if you're still having issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
laurat_99

Thanks it's now working.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's working!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team