cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router complaint

Adm010

Router complaint

Hi. First post.

moved to PlusNet this week as we finally got fibre connected in my area; sky didnt have any slots so moved to PlusNet. My calls wih the support team and engineers visits for issues on the line have all been fine, but i want to complain about the router and couldnt find a way to email and this isnt really a conversation topic without getting fobbed off.

short version, with Sky it came wih a mesh network so it reached accross the flat as my socket is in a distant corner. Plusnets router bearly made it past the hallway and unsurprisingly skys mesh wouldnt connect to the plusnet router. In the end i was forced to spend £320 on Google Wifi as the only way to get wifi accross the flat (old building with thick walls). I ohone Plusnet and they dont have a mesh option.  Im astounded in this day and age that providors dont think of this as an issue and force you to use additional hardware. Skys solution was great an each booster was £30. I cant be the only person who doesnt live in a house with paper thin walls. 

Plusnet, why cant you provide this bit of technology? Its widly availible now and so much better than a booster system. It would be a huge selling point and save customer having to investigate and find solutions

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Router complaint

Hi @Adm010,

I'm sorry that you've found that our router doesn't meet your needs. We don't currently offer any WiFi boosters or other home WiFi solutions, however our router should work with most of these provided that they're not locked to a different network. I'll pass on your feedback about this to see if this is something that we could look into in the future.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Adm010

Hi Emily,

Thanks for taking the time to respond and respinding so quickly. Maybe complaint was the wrong word versus suggestion. I thinks its a definite shortcoming/ area you could really mark yourself out.  Other than that my dralings with plusnet have been just grand.

alex

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to my Router 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'