cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router buzzing

elkieluca
Grafter

Router buzzing

Every now and again my router starts with an awful buzzing noise it sounds like its electrical but as an old person I don't know what is causing it and I find it a bit worrying.  Its not all the time and it then will stop after a while. Any idea what it is will be appreciated. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Router buzzing

@elkieluca 

You don't say which hub you have that's buzzing. The Hub One has a reputation for doing so. On these it is irritating but does not affect performance. It can normally be stopped by logging in to the router's advanced wireless settings and switching off the 5GHz band.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Balance
Dabbler

Does it buzz when you are doing something on the internet but not when nothing is going on? My hub one has always done that and Plusnet previously told me that shouldnt be the case and replaced the router but it made no difference, we just live with it.

elkieluca
Grafter

Thanks for your answer.  It sometimes buzzes when I’m just using my iPad but it gets worse if I switch my pc and monitor on as it is just behind them. 

Balance
Dabbler

Sounds like regular noise of "I'm too close", I'd try to relocate it further away.