cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router and 4 port hub

Supercooper52

Router and 4 port hub

Hello, hopefully someone can help. I have recently signed up to plusnet and my broadband is up and running and I have connected devices via wifi and via Ethernet with no problems. I have also connected the hub to a powerline adaptor to a 4 port Ethernet hub in a different area in my flat. The devices connected to the 4 port Ethernet hub can all access the Internet but I am having trouble connecting to my AV receiver and also my dlink dns320l NAS

When I logged into the advanced section of the plusnet one router I could see the NAS in the network tree but it said not connected. I then clicked a few times on it and now it seems to be hidden.

Can anyone tell me how to unhide devices from the network tree and can someone offer any help as to why the nas was showing as not connected?

i should add that the NAS and the amp where previously working fine connected to my old virgin media router

Thanks very much

3 REPLIES 3
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Router and 4 port hub

Just a suggestion.  Can you bring one of the devices from 'the other area' of your flat, and wire it direct into the Hub One and see if it works with your NAS ?

As the Hub One is a rebadged BT Home Hub 5 type A, this was one similar problem I google searched, which suggests it is a powerline adapter firmware issue.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/help-with-diagnosing-a-peculiar-issue-homehub-5-nas-mediaserver.187...

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Supercooper52

Good idea bill888. The NAS is the most portable so I will give it a go. I'm hoping a new day and a fresher less tired head may mean I have more luck today. Thanks very much for taking the time to try to help
Supercooper52

Just by way of an update. I tried moving the NAS and it worked perfect so I had a closer look at my power line adaptor and it looked like it wasn't properly plugged in. I plugged it in. Turned everything off and on and hey presto it's all working perfect