cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Upgrade advice

bazzer9
Grafter

Router Upgrade advice

I've been with Plusnet Fibre since Sept 2014 and I'm using  the original modem and router combination supplied by PN when I joined them. 

Modem :- OpenReach branded   8-Focus V-2FUb/r Rev B  ( I don't know what all this means, just what's written on the box !)

Router :- Plusnet branded Technicolor TG582n.

The combo works OK except the WiFi range is limited. So about 6 months ago I installed a Netgear repeater to boost the WiFi signal which improved the connectivity of my printer and internet radio.

Q1.  Do PN now offer a better router solution to new customers ?

Q2. If so, as a loyal customer am I entitled to a router upgrade free of charge ?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Router Upgrade advice

If you recontract they will let you have a Hub One for the P&P. It is not the best but is a single box solution and will.be better than what you've got. If you want even better WiFi buy a BT Smart Hub from Ebay. They are easy to set up with your Plusnet account.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

If you're in contract they will, provided you pay p&p
Excellent!
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If you don't want to recontract (which I wouldn't personally), there are plenty on sites such as eBay for not much money.

But when our house moved to fibre, we needed a new router anyway. The PlusNet Hub one had far better Wi-Fi than the one we previously had. We used to use an extender, but it was no longer needed with the new router.

I would get hold of a cheapo Hub One, whether you prefer to do it through PlusNet or not.

Good chance the Wi-Fi may be better, and it saves having two devices plugged in when you can have one.

bazzer9
Grafter

Thanks to all of you that replied.

Acquiring a Hub One seems like the way to go