Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Signal

Holty84
Dabbler

Router Signal

Hi

I have had Plus net for a number of months, and have been experiencing poor network connectivity. We have a Plus net One Hub, in which the signal drops out from time to time and struggles to even load a website.

Our router is based in the hallway and I can be in the lounge (next room) with the door open and my laptop and phone will struggle to connect to the router... I don't believe this to be an issue with the line into the house, as I have a device which is connected via ethernet which does not suffer any lose of data... whereas the WIFI signal been project is shockingly poor. so much so I would like to think about leaving the provider.

Can you please advise on steps to take to try 'boost' the poor signal?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Router Signal

@Holty84 

Have you tried separating the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and checked to see which is best? See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Holty84
Dabbler

Hi @Baldrick1 Baldrick1 - Thank you for the link... I have separated the 2.4 an 5 so both require a password (same password) but when I connect to the 5gz on my lappy and phone I get connected but no internet.

Screenshot_20200603_112758_com.android.settings.jpg

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Holty84 

If connecting to the 2.4 GHz signal solves your problem then that's the answer, leave it with these settings. You only need one in range, it's a Plusnet/BT quirk for the two bands to be synchronised by default.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Holty84
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 the issue is, although I am connected to the 2.4 network, 'wirelessly' my devices drop connection a lot of the time, even when I am only a few meters away from the router, yet if they are wired there is no connectivity issue.