cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Resets When WiFi Device Is In Same Room.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Router Resets When WiFi Device Is In Same Room.

My son has recently got Plusnet fibre BB only with no phone.

He has an Xbox connected via an ethernet cable but if any of his children connect their tablets via WiFi when they're downstairs in the same room the router resets the connection.

If the tablets are being used upstairs there isn't any problem.

P.S. I was tempted to say if it keeps the kids upstairs & out of your way why are you bothered about sorting it.

Lol. Cheesy

5 REPLIES 5
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Router Resets When WiFi Device Is In Same Room.

Is your son a mouse....

.... with thousands of baby meeses/mices/mice!!!!!

It's unusual to say the least, what are the kids up to?

(just trying to see if any are uploading - a known issue that causes the hub one to play up - but can't see why this isn't the case when they're upstairs)...

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Hi DS,

It's been confirmed that it's only a problem when the tablets are being used in the downstairs lounge where the router is situated.

So far as I know the two girls just use social media & browsing on their tablets.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Perhaps the extra speed available via wifi when in the same room as the router rather than upstairs is just enough to tip the upload into the area where it causes the Hub1 40/2 disconnection problems reported elsewhere. Does it still happen when only one of the kids is browsing?

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Going down the route of where JayG and I are heading, ask your son to go this page on the hub, then select WAN from the dropdown menu and see if he sees this...

PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]

It might not be on the first page, but if he does, then that's sounds like it's the reason why. If not then atm nothing springs to mind as to why this is happening.

direct link to the above if you show him this page or copy and pass it on to him -

http://192.168.1.254/index.cgi?active_page=9144

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Hi JayG & DS,

I'll speak to him tonight & get more information & talk him through the suggested remedy.

Thanks for your help.