cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Red light for internet

Garydisrael2908

Router Red light for internet

Hi - I'm in a real fix. Working from home due to Coronavirus. 2 nights ago we decided to upgrade to fibre..... we were told that the upgrade would happen on 2/4/2020. We also purchased a new router (as our current was apparently not compatible). The new router has not yet arrived. However since 12.30pm on 27/3/20 the internet light on the current router is red and we have zero access (broadband light is green). I am SUSPECTING that we've been changed over to Fibre early and not have the right equipment to run it!!!!! I NEED access. Please can someone from PlusNet clarify what is happening? If it is as I think can we be put back onto our original setup until we have received the new router? Thanks in advance for ANY HELP.
5 REPLIES 5
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Router Red light for internet

If the broadband light is green then it is unlikely that you have been switched. First thing to try is to turn off the router for 30 mins, if after waiting the internet light doesn’t turn green then there’s a login problem and would need Plusnet to check things over with you.
That's RPM to you!!
Garydisrael2908

Thanks for replying to me. I have already tried the 30min approach but to no affect. The issue is - how to I access a Plusnet person to talk me through this? I gave been trying via various routes but still unsuccessful. No response to calls - cant find anywhere on their sites to raise the issue - again if you are able to point me in the right direction would be very grateful!
yorkroad21

Haven't switched to fibre but having the exact same problem. Have had no internet for over 2 days. Red light on internet, devices find the router and connect to wifi but say 'no internet' available. Have also tried resetting multiple times.

I have no idea how else to contact Plusnet to solve this issue, tried Twitter, Facebook, email , phone and the forum! Absolutely ridiculous! I understand these are hard times with the virus but seriously???
Garydisrael2908

Where are you based? I'm in Cardiff
yorkroad21

I'm based in Peterborough - is anyone else having the same problem? Anything you have tried that helped?