cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Port Forwarding. Specific address

darrengregory

Router Port Forwarding. Specific address

Hi you lovely folk. I need you.

Recently I had a new router sent to me. My previous Router was port forwarded to three specific ports. This allowed me to view my cctv on our mobiles and also to be able to use the internal static port within the cctv to be able to view it on our wireless network on our mobile devices. With the new router it will now only allow us to view the cctv through a mac address and with dhcp turned on to give us an external mobile connection only.... ( no internal network connection using the internal cctv static port  ).With the router using an external static address of cctv for us to view..... Turn off dhcp and we can view the internal wireless connection on the cctv but not view it outside of our homes. Could you please help with some options please? thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
TheJayBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Router Port Forwarding. Specific address

What router have you got?

darrengregory

It's a sagecom 2704N
TheJayBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Oh dear 😟 From searching the forum there are other posts about port forwarding issues with this router.

Can you use your old router or request a Hub One?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for the delayed response, I've discussed this with a colleague (@Darkfire) and he's tested this on a couple of Hub Zeros and has been able to port forward on them without any problems at all. As such, I've arranged for a replacement router to be sent out (Along with a returns bag for your current router).

Could you let us know if you continue to experience problems with the replacement.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
darrengregory

That is very kind of you. Thank you millions
darrengregory

Hello again, I'd like to thank you first of all for promptly sending me the new router. Was very quick of you over this festive period. Unfortunately you have sent me the identical router as I already have. The one that cannot be port forwarded. Plugged it in and tried it and failed. Do I just give up and go out and buy one that can do what it is supposed to. It's very frustrating. I'm a cctv engineer who uses his cameras as a selling point for my systems I install. I'm loosing potential clients.

Thank you.

Darren.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @darrengregory,

I'm sorry to hear that the result is the same on the new equipment.

The routers we send for ADSL broadband are built around home use and I'm afraid we don't usually support advanced functions. As the setup that you desire is more advanced, I would recommend you purchase a router with advanced functionality. Alternatively you can revert to the older Thomson router if this was changed due to upgrading rather than an issue with it.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional