Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Noise PlusNet One hub

FIXED
Misterashford74

Router Noise PlusNet One hub

Hi, 

Similar problem to other posters, in the last 2-3 weeks my One hub makes constant static-y/hiss noise. Doesn't seem to affect performance but is getting loud enough to be noticeable (the hub is in the living room connected to the master socket and I can hear it over the TV with soundbar on!)

If you could arrange a new one and I will send you back the old one so you can take a look/put it out of its misery. Thanks.

Ewan

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Router Noise PlusNet One hub

Hi there, 

I've just arranged a replacement. It should reach you in the next 3 to 5 working days along with a postage paid returns bag for the evidently defective one. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JamesE
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

This morning the postman shoved a parcel through my door, tearing off the label in the letter box. It is a "Plusnet Hub One Self install Pack". I rang customer services (I don't want charging for something I didn't order) and the lad was quite blazee. He had no idea why I had received a router when I hadn't ordered one. I could keep it or he would send a return label (which would entail my driving ten miles there and back to the Post Office - no thank you - you can collect it if you wish) but he was adamant that I wouldn't be charged and I could keep it. Had I been on the forum, well, yes, I had on the the topic of a re-sync. after a power interruption. Was I "misterashford74?" well, no. I noticed an order no. on the remains of the label and quoted it to the lad. "That's for misterashford74" he said. Hadn't he better get onto misterashford74? He did not seem at all interested and could't understand any of it.

Neither do I but I can see that there has been an almighty [-Censored-]-up. I would like to know the reason and I am very, very sure that so would you @Misterashford74

It took me a while to track down this thread and post, but I hope that I have been of some help!

EDIT: Just for the record, there was no need for a censor, the term I used is not rude, it's a navel term referring to a sail being in a wrong state!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Sorry about that @JamesE

Looks like Adam might have accidentally RMA'ed your router instead of @Misterashford74's.

I've replaced your router now for you Ewan. You should receive it shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JamesE
Rising Star

That's OK, thanks @Gandalf. I think that's the case as I have just noticed that inside the outer plastic wrapping there is what could well be the returns (blue) bag referred to by Adam. I haven't opened it and won't do so.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries. Whenever we RMA a router, a returns bag is automatically sent out.

Don't worry if it's too much inconvenience for you to get to the post office.

I'd recommend just keeping it for yourself, donating it to a friend, or dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way.

I can confirm we won't charge you for it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Misterashford74

Thanks James, from the read of the thread that text PlusNet sent means a(nother) router is on its way to me. The current one does work, it just makes rather sinister hissing sounds that are audible above the TV soundbar!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@JamesE wrote:

I can see that there has been an almighty [-Censored-]-up.

EDIT: Just for the record, there was no need for a censor, the term I used is not rude, it's a navel term referring to a sail being in a wrong state!

I have been fantasising with the connection between what I believe to be the censored word and a sail in the wrong state on a navel.

It could of course be no more than a typo that's confusing me!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JamesE
Rising Star

Oops! Oh dear! It reminds me of a paper I once did about the golden section when I found a reference to the fact that apparently the ratio was considered to be that of a woman's navel to her height, and some wag in some journal, probably to do with ships, made some comment about its connection with naval architecture.

Sorry about the blunder but I'm entitled to a few at my age.Evil

@Gandalf Thanks for the reassurance - I might as well keep it then as a spare in case mine should go wrong.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems James.
Spares always come in handy. Smiley
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet