cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Issues

samfinlayson
Dabbler

Router Issues

I'm having this issue along with a myriad of others.

I called Plusnet over a week ago about shocking WiFi signal, no amount of restarts or hard resets fixes the problem - there is a problem with the router, a moron would work this out, I had to call because the Plusnet website doesn't work at all so after that long wait, I spoke to someone who noted there was a cap on my line and my guaranteed speed hasn't been reached (for how long he didn't tell me so I could ask for my money back for that period), my internet has always been awful, all the speed tests will give me a figure which appears on paper as still usable but this is as far from the case as is possible, my WiFi Signal no longer reaches the next room, my heating wont connect to it, my security camera wont connect to it (well... they all say connected but no internet connection).

Now my wife and I find ourselves disconnecting from the WiFi all day every day to use the 3G signal on our phones, hotspotting constantly for devices that require a WiFi connection and I've had to try and use PowerLine Extenders (at cost to myself) to have a wired network around the home but when I'm getting 11mb/s as a connection speed and a load of lost packets, you can imagine how this is a nightmare with two people working from home, a string of streaming services that we can sometimes use if we're lucky - being unable to search websites/use apps on our phones, secure my house, heat my house and the water within.

What was the customer service adviser's advice? Reset the router - you've just won the award for treating your customers like geriatric idiots. what's the next step for me? well this is the only way I can get in touch and this is just a forum so say hello to a cancelled DD Plusnet - you've had over a year to sort this out and you've just made my service unusable in the last 2/3 months. no doubt they'll send me the threatening red letters and stick something on my credit file to say defaulted because I didn't follow the complaints procedure.

I CANNOT FOLLOW ANY PROCEDURE - YOU WILL NOT MAKE YOUR WEBSITE WORK SO I CANNOT FOLLOW IT. YOUR CHAT SERVICE DOESN'T WORK. IT'S A HOUR WAIT???!!! with a job, house and twin babies to look after - I do not have time to sit waiting on a call that will drop because your [-Censored-] WiFi keeps dipping in and out, [-Censored-]ing up my phonecalls.

Moderators Note: Topic title changed after split.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Router Issues

Moderators Note

This post has been split from another topic to help poster and staff.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
samfinlayson
Dabbler

What are you? A plusnet employee or a customer who’s been afforded some god statement on a forum?

You’ve made me a topic. Great. What does this mean? Is someone going to get in touch? Are plusnet going to refund me the entire contract because their service is so unusable it’s come back around to laughable and not funny about 365 times?

WHAT HAPPENS NOW AND HOW TO I GET ON AN EMAIL OR CHAT TO SOMEONE??? I DONT want to call, I want it recorded, I want a copy of all recordings which is why we have chat/email.
Tags (1)
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @samfinlayson,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues. I've taken a look into your account and raised a support ticket in response, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team