Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Hub one the blue light is too bright

FIXED
sparkfishes
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Router Hub one the blue light is too bright

There are no posts since 2017 and the information there  is out of date . My new , Aug 2020 router , HubOne704n does not have a setting to dim the blue light in any of the setting, including the Advanced settings . It is far too bright as my router is in my bedroom. I don't   want to put any thing on it incase it causes it to over heat .

I wish someone , or I , could bring this longstanding problem to PlusNets technical team

I will add a positive comment : it does work far better than my previous EE router 

12 REPLIES 12
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Router Hub one the blue light is too bright

I don't have access to our Hub One at the moment, so I can't check. I will have a look later on today.

If you get a bit of black tape and put it on the LED and nothing else then it should make you happy and it won't overheat.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Community Feedback to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

I left mine on for the first 14 days as recommended but I switch it off every night. Nothing to do with the light because it is in a different room. It does not affect my speeds.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

You're lucky @daveplus 

I could be talking rubbish (no change for me there then), but I would assume that D/C'ing your router is not a good idea as it may highlight a connection problem to PlusNet and you'd be put on a lower profile.

I just have a constant flashing blue light on Branson Media so my router is wired, but turned around so I can't see it. I am sure they pushed out an update which caused that. Like Lithium fixing the unread posts bug I don't see it ever being fixed within my life expentancy.

Still I would suggest to the OP with the black tape idea.

sparkfishes
Hooked

Fix

thank you for the reply I will try, perhaps with a small hole to see any warnings  

Will blue tape be OK .......only joking  😅 

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Yes.
Bit of black tape.
🙂
sparkfishes
Hooked

Thanks for the suggestion . I listen , am addicted to old radio dramas (Y T) at night ..I often get through 6 ins before I drop off to sleep!

The router is in my tiny bedroom , my wife has thje master bedroom ,with the double bed , .The light is very bright and I get complaints that it can even see through the jamb of my door when a n other is going to the toilet . 

So! I do not want to switch the router off ... It is the only ME time I get but the light does irritate me

Thank you very much for  your response ...sorry I have to go now and apply some small,  round adhesive plasters to the puncture wounds in my scalp

( I am 72 and been married 51 years ! Just in case you wondered )

sparkfishes
Hooked

Thank you very much for your response

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@sparkfishes the setting is here:-

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 19.26.14.png

Although it's still pretty bright on the 'Low' setting.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sparkfishes
Hooked

Thank you!

YES ! There is an action here In SETTINGS.......every other source stated ADVANCED 

As some said it does not dim the light much but the black tape with a small hole cut in it as a mask works great

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Alex 

"but I would assume that D/C'ing your router is not a good idea as it may highlight a connection problem to PlusNet and you'd be put on a lower profile."

Well, it hasn't happened since October last year. So far so good.

Dave

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@sparkfishes 

Black tape is probably as good as anything.

However, if you want to spend a bit on money an Amazon (about £9) have a look for LightDims

Gone up a fair bit since I got mine a couple of years back (about a fiver) but it does exactly what it says - dims lights. You can get about 50% reduction or 97% last time I checked. Apart from covering the blue light they work extremely well with LED lights (like flashing internet connection LEDs).

Brian