cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Hub One SIP ALG

jackvibrant

Router Hub One SIP ALG

i have a hub one.. and i need SIP ALG turning off on my router for our VOIP phones.

The strange thing is that it was working fine a few days ago.. and SIP ALG seems to have randomly set itself up on the router.

5 REPLIES 5
karetax

Re: Router Hub One SIP ALG

We are having same issue with our VVX300 phone when speak to provider they told us to Turn off SIP ALG on plusnet Hub one router. Any one here to help 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I fear that you're out of luck, see.   http://www.surevoip.co.uk/support/wiki/troubleshooting:sip_alg:plusnet_hub_one

I understand that it can be disabled on the BT Business hubs only.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I think it's actually worse than just not being able to disable it! AFAIK it opens the SIP port to the internet, rather than just the SIP server to which the phone is registered.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@jackvibrant @karetax

I confess to my ignorance on this subject. However I have a BT Business Smarthub 6 which I bought new off Ebay for little money. It works fine on my Plusnet service and on the Advanced Firewall setting page found this :

SIP ALG.png

Is this the control that you seek?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Baldrick1 that IS the control they seek, but as you say , it is only available on the Business variant of the BT Hub and not at all on the PN Hub One.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.