Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Help Please!

FIXED
Gunnill
Grafter

Router Help Please!

Long term PlusNet user, I have the latest PlusNet router. I want to improve my WIFI coverage of the house and have purchased BT Whole House with three units. Once I have created my new WIFI network with the new new units should I delete my previous home network? I understand I can enter my router and disable the WIFI settings. Is this the best way?

The plugged in items on the router will they now "see" my new network on the BT system?

Grateful for any assistance please. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Router Help Please!

I am not familiar with the BT Whole House mesh wifi, so cannot help with specifics.

Do you share files/folders across your machines or is the connection just for email/internet use?

If just the latter then you can turn off the Hub wifi as you won't be using it.  I would also suggest changing the wifi ssid and password used by the BT Whole House to match the Hub, that will save you having to reconnect all those wifi devices you have.

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
Gunnill
Grafter

Thank you  vultura, I am very grateful for your helpful reply. Installation today ( 29/12/2018 ).

Regards

Mike

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fix

You are welcome Mike.

It should be straightforward if all you need is internet/email.

These types of kit are designed to be easy to configure by a non-techie.

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
TheJayBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@Gunnill wrote:

Once I have created my new WIFI network with the new new units should I delete my previous home network? I understand I can enter my router and disable the WIFI settings. Is this the best way?

Yes, disable the Wi-fi in your router and just use the BT Whole Home Wi-fi.  That’s what I’ve done and it works well.

Gunnill
Grafter

Yes thank you, I am up and running and I think everything working fine. Except my Time Capsule does like the new changes, perhaps a problems for tomorrow!. Thank you