Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Firmware Update

FIXED
JamieN
Hooked

Router Firmware Update

In order to get/keep cyber security for the charity I help I need to regularly check we have the latest router firmware.

I know what version we have however how can I easily find the latest release without browsing through recent posts? Is there somewhere on the Plusnet site where this is shown?

17 REPLIES 17
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Router Firmware Update

Thanks for getting in touch @JamieN

If you're using our Hub Zero router the latest firmware version is 7.275.11

Alternatively if you're using our Hub One router it's 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JamieN
Hooked

Thanks Matthew for the info. Is this the only way to check latrst version. i.e. by asking the question. Is it  published anywhere?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @JamieN,

Currently, the only way to check on the latest firmware version is to get in touch. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause. I will pass on the suggestion of publishing the latest firmware versions as I believe that this would be helpful for customers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Yes, I had the same question (on another thread). Why not a sticky for this data so it's not buried three pages down in the forum? There should be a  FAQ somewhere...

philipar

Hi

Could you send me the Hub Zero firmware version 7.275.11 (or the latest firmware) please.

I would agree its important for customers to secure their router so this should be offered as standard service these days.

A button on the GUI to update router firmware, and / or monthly pushed updates?

Thanks

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @philipar, the latest Hub Zero firmware should have already been pushed automatically to your router. If you could double check this by logging onto the router via the 192.168.1.254 address, going to 'Helpdesk' and confirming the firmware version this should already be at 7.275.11. Let me know if this shows as an earlier firmware version.

Will
 Plusnet Help Team
JamieN
Hooked

Please disregard this post>. I misread latest post.

My original post was referring to a work router but now after your last post I have checked my home router and found

3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated 28/03/19

Can I please get version as per your post of todays date.

Regards

Jamie

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@JamieN  You are on the latest official firmware release. There are other test versions that some customers have been sent to try to fix the long ongoing problem with 5GHz WiFi. on the Hub1. See the long thread at the top of the Router forum board.

They haven't fixed it properly yet by the way after over a year.🙄

That's why I have never used ISP supplied equipment, it is very often not fit for purpose.

JamieN
Hooked

@RealAleMadrid Thanks for that. I did start my post by saying please disregard. I couldn't see how to cancel the post. I am just in the process of purchasing a new router but can't decide which to get.

AC3

Hi @WillF Would you be able to push the latest firmware update to my Plusnet Hub One router please?  It's still on the factory version (Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated Unknown).  Thank you very much.

Nas1

My Hub 1 firmware version is 4.7.5.1.83.8.263. I understand the latest version is 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2.

How do I get this version?

Thanks.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You understand wrong, you are on the latest production level.

Routers are automatically updated when a newer version is available.

drmcl24

currently on 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 - can somebody give it a prod/update?

drmcl24

Nah, changed my mind. Going back to the bt hub 5 as this plusnet one is a total disaster.