cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Dropping Out

Colin1962

Router Dropping Out

My router is dropping out repeatedly an Archer VR600 all lights are on apart from the internet light. After switching off and leaving for a while the router works for a period. I am wondering if it is overheating due to the current heatwave. Any advice

3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Router Dropping Out

Hi @Colin1962, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forums.
I can confirm when checking over your connection from this side currently and as shown by the graph below we can see the large number of drops occurring which certainly hint that something is out of place somewhere.

Further testing this side shows that currently your connection looks to be being impacted by a major service outage in your area currently and our suppliers are advising that the issue should be resolved by 11pm this evening. This is an estimated completion time so the issues could persist for a few hours after and in the same sense could be resolved sooner for us.
Should you continue to see issues come tomorrow morning onwards however then please get back to us and we'll happily chase his up further for you.

Colin1962

Very slow Internet this morning. Various outage maps show problems in my area, is this still the case and if so when will the problem be resolved. Download speed 2.74 down from an average 48-50

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @ Colin1962

I've just popped into the account and can see that your speeds have returned to normal following a router reboot. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further issues at all Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds