cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Disconnecting at the Same Time Everyday

Sandrajward
Dabbler

Router Disconnecting at the Same Time Everyday

Internet has been dropping at the same time every night for the past few weeks, it comes up saying "disconnected" from the internet making me re-enter my passwords into it so after a few seconds it says "connected" then proceeds to do the same thing the next night. i came to see if there was a way this could be fixed as it is a huge inconvenience when i am using the internet and and then i get kicked offline. I get redirected to the log in page each time and it happens only to the router as all devices go offline albeit Ethernet or wireless connection. Phone line is clear with slight crackles every so often.

Is there any way to keep the router connected to the internet without having to log back into it each day as it is very annoying, I've never had to do this with any other ISP.

24 REPLIES 24
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Router Disconnecting at the Same Time Everyday

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Plusnet Feedback to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Sandrajward,

I'm sorry that your connection is dropping and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. I've tested your line and the test has picked up an external issue. For reference, the test result is as follows:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1613
Description Potential HR Joint detected on GEA service. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location CE
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 247.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 10:30 to 10:45
Interference Location Unknown
Interference Observed In Days 11
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-07-30T13:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 39.9 Mbps 40.0 Mbps 39.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 770.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 897.2 Sec
Retrains 0.0 5.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-08-12T12:47:06.888+01:00 2018-08-12T13:02:06.888+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

I've raised this to our suppliers for further investigation and we should receive an update on this within the next 72 hours - our faults team will be in touch once we have this.

Please let us know if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Sandrajward
Dabbler

The issue of disconnecting at 10:52 has been fixed but now it disconnects me at 2pm instead, along with this whenever the housephone rings the internet drops out and disconnects me from whatever i am doing this is inconvenient as i am regularly on the internet is there anyway this could be fixed? 

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi there, With regards to the drops and the phone calls. I'd just like to confirm If you have a spare microfilter (one was supplied with the router). Normally this is caused by a filtering issue either however could still be an exchange issue.

If you have the spare filter you can use the following guide on how to access the test socket and use the supplied filter. The guide can be located here.  Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
Sandrajward
Dabbler

hi, yes i am using the microfilter provided with the router to filter out calls from the broadband but a disconnection still occurs upon a call being received and ended.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Do you have any other extensions in your property, and do they have a filter fitted?

Sandrajward
Dabbler

I have three house phones one in the kitchen, bedroom and living room each one has a filter fitted for them.

Along with this the internet has just been disconnected at the time it used to be, however it hasn't done this for a few days so i believed it to be fixed but apparently it is not?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Sandrajward,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. I've taken a look into your account today and spoken to our suppliers regarding the open fault, who have advised that an external engineer has been assigned to carry out some work on your line today.

As this is the case we will receive a further update regarding this fault tomorrow and our faults team will aim to get back in touch with you regarding this as soon as possible, however if you are still experiencing any issues with your connection then please don't hesitate to let us know via this thread again so we can investigate further.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Sandrajward
Dabbler

Hi thank you for your help, the phone no longer disconnects internet however it still disconnects at 10.52 at night causing me to reconnect the internet each night. I do not know if it will continue to disconnect at 2pm as work was being done on the phone wiring during this time.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'd like to keep an eye on the line to see how it settles. The new drop wire won't resolve the time related problem, but I want to see everything settle. It's also worth noting if any electrical devices may come on in the vicinity around the time of the drops.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Sandrajward
Dabbler

sorry for the late reply, i do not know what if anything comes on in the vicinity during this time period that is causing me to disconnect.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Can you think of anything that changed on the Monday or Tuesday?

These are the only two days where you didn't have the drop at 10:52

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Sandrajward
Dabbler

Nothing comes to mind that i know of, these changes occurred after the first reply to this thread so i thought it was to do with that but since has continued

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Sandrajward, if you haven't already, could you connect your router to the Test Socket. 

If you can connect your router here between the hours of 10pm-11.30pm (with nothing else connected), we can check to see if the disconnect still happens. (When in the test socket it will disconnect the extension sockets.)

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team