I have tried to set up ring doorbell 2.

I have tried to:
Disable firewall
Turn off 5ghz
Change chanel
Call ring they sent me a new one
Get a WiFi extender

Still doesn't work...
Seeing that I have had 2 I doubt its a ring issue so thought I'd try here. I was able to link the chime with ease, so wonder what the issue could be...
8 REPLIES 8
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: Ring doorbell 2 not linking to hub kne

Hi @ABE1 Welcome to the Forum.

A bit more information wouldn't go amiss to be honest, but first things first. If you've not done it already the first thing you should do is split the WiFi Channels on the router you'll find a thread on this site on how to do it. Once you've done that and if thing still aren't working then post a reply.

ABE1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have just split the channels. The doorbell only connects to the 2ghz channel. Sadly it did not link.
I can find the device on my phone. I have tried to link the doorbell with both a ipad and my andriod phone.

It seems to find the device in the app, but when trying to link the device to the WiFi it doesn't link and says an error has occurred contact ring. When I contacted them they sent me a new one as they couldn't resolve the issue thinking its a doorbell issue. However the second one they sent has the same issue.

I looked online for other solutions, so have tried to turn off Bluetooth, ensure some andriod safe WiFi thing is off and mobile data. Nothing has helped.

It just seems unlikely its a ring issue as this is the second one they've sent.

I have also factory reset the device to split the channels to ensure all work correctly.

Thanks again for your time. Hope that makes sense as I'm not that literate when it comes to these things
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@ABE1 

Have you set the Ring security type to the same as your router which should typically be WPA2?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Presumably you've done all these😁

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
ABE1

Thanks, yes I cannot get it to link to the WiFi, the rest works well.
ABE1

thanks, I tried to turn off the WPA and firewall. I can't seem to change the wpa on the ring doorbell as I can't link it to the wifi
Twiggy

Hi - have you been able to solve this issue?  I am having the same one that the Ring Doorbell will not connect to plusnet and we know the ring doorbell works as have spent hours with Ring and we connected it successfully to a personal hotspot - so the doorbell works.  Thanks

ABE1

Hi,
I did fix it, but I think more with luck. Really not too sure how to be honest.

I was going to return it and thought I'd try one more time. I did and it worked.
I have split my router into 2 signals and it connects to the 2.4ghz.
I also may have been using a dns, but not on that signal, so may have made a difference.

There are some instructions on ring about troubleshooting which could have also fixed it, eg no Bluetooth on.
If it persists ring ring as they were very helpful.