cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning router

monicaj

Returning router

I cancelled my Plusnet contract within the 14 days cooling off period. Unfortunately, I received the new router and now I do not know how to return it. Is there a returns address I can use?

4 REPLIES 4
Dave14

Re: Returning router

There is usually a very small address on the delivery label. I had cancelled my move to PlusNet the day after signing up so well within the 14 days and was assured that there would be no delivery of equipment and the account was cancelled forthwith and my initial payment would be refunded within a maximum of 10 working days. None of that happened. I refused delivery of the router from my postman about 10 days later who returned it to the sender (via the sorting office). After many, many conversations with Customer Services and some now 7 weeks later the latest 10 days has gone without a refund. I begin to wonder if its a rolling ten days!!!!! Every time you call it takes around a minimum of 30mins wait then another 15 minutes of discussion for no result!! The company seems either badly managed or cannot afford to refund money -but I doubt the latter. I hope you fare better they are trying even my generous patience. 

monicaj

I didn't have the luxury of rejecting the order delivery. I was assured by Plusnet that the router hadn't been sent out yet, only to find one on my doorstep the following day...

Also, now that you mention it... I haven't received my refund either, and it's been more than a month!!! They made a right mess of my cancellation as well, the order wasn't fully cancelled, just "scheduled" for cancellation. After many, many minutes waiting on hold over multiple days I thought I finally ended the whole ordeal. Clearly not...

Dave14

Yes my cancellation was badly handled and allegedly not cancelled "internally". Shambles. I will send a report to OFCOM -but they will not take up individual complaints. However it underlines their failings with reports from other complainants. PLUSNET appear to have a robust barrier between them and their customers.  

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@monicaj Sorry to hear this. I've arranged for a returns bag to be sent out to you for the router. With regards to the refund we've sent a e-mail to the relevant team for this to be chased up

@Dave14 Sorry to hear about the issues you've had. If you can PM us your username we can chase this up for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team