Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer - greetings & BT HH5 question

mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

Returning customer - greetings & BT HH5 question

Hi all

Its been some years now but i was previously a happy PlusNet ADSL customer. I only moved to BT when FTTC became available and PN weren't able to offer that at the time. Mostly due to cost/usage I'm now returning to PlusNet on the 14th July (Fingers crossed)

I currently have a FTTC 38mb connection and use a BT Home Hub 5 plugged into a filtered faceplate. I'm changing to the same connection type/speed with PlusNet.

Today I received my PN hub one. I'm assuming its a white home hub 5 with pink feet and some firmware changes? 

I'd much rather keep using my black HH5, if I don't change the SSID this would have the added benefit of not having change the wifi key in any of my/family/friends devices. So I just need to change the broadband username/password to myplusnetusername@plusdsl.net/my PN account password in the HH5 advanced settings. Can someone confirm that this is the case?

Thanks in anticipation

--

John

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Returning customer - greetings & BT HH5 question

@mrtullyhubbert wrote:

So I just need to change the broadband username/password to myplusnetusername@plusdsl.net/my PN account password in the HH5 advanced settings. Can someone confirm that this is the case?

Yep, that should do the trick.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

Thanks Bob, great to see a familiar name again Smiley

You were providing me with advice back in the days when usenet was mainstream! lol

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Hopefully you won't be disappointed with the 2Mbps uploads speed after being used to 10Mbps with BT.

mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

I did notice this before applying to transfer but without doing much/any research decided that with my use case it 'prob' won't affect me. 

I surf with a PC & browser / mobile, stream some TV/video services and the only upload I think I do is when my phone backs up pics/vids on WiFi? A bit late to ask but how might this affect me? 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome back! (You probably won't remember me, I've only been here a few years)

As a point of reference, with a 2mbps upload speed you should be able to upload about 900MB per hour which (in my opinion) is a hefty amount for normal usage, but I guess it depends how big the files are you're uploading.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet