cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retruning unwanted router from a previous contract

candsbean

Retruning unwanted router from a previous contract

I've just switched over to Plusnet from John Lewis Broadband and no longer require the equipment from the previous contract.

As you are the provider for JL Broadband is it acceptable to use the free Royal Mail returns label linked on another thread?

If so, do I use my original JL Order Number as a reference for the return?

MTIA

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Retruning unwanted router from a previous contract

@candsbean  Welcome to the forum.

Before returning the hub it might be worth checking if it works with Plusnet. If so it will probably be better than Plusnet’s offering. Which model is it?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

If it was a JL router , its probably the Zyxel 3925, in which case it will work fine with PlusNet , and its better than the Hub one.

All that's needed is to change the PPPoE username & password

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

candsbean

@MisterW

It's actually exactly the same model as the one Plusnet have sent for the new contract. I'll be honest and say that I was simply too lazy to reconfigure the old one .... won't make that mistake again unless I switch to fibre
candsbean

@Baldrick1 thanks.

The same Sagecomm router as sent by Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Aah! I was assuming it was a Fibre connection, not ADSL. In which case @candsbean , you are correct, its the same router.

I'd suggest keeping it as a spare.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

The only advantage of the new one, is that it is registered with your PlusNet account and will therefore auto-configure if factory reset. The old one is associated with your JL account and would need manually configuring with your PN details