cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Router affecting other settings

FIXED
Smurfy

Resetting Router affecting other settings

Hi guys, I'm going to reset my router as it's playing up a bit (Hub One Router).

I know this restores it to factory settings, but will it also reset the changed wireless key to the original default one? What about my admin password for Plus Hub Manager?  In that case I would have to dig out the old admin password/wireless key (on the back of router) which I kept hidden from the kids!

Any other things I need to be wary about before resetting the router?

Thanks for all the help.

2 REPLIES 2
Smurfy

Re: Resetting Router affecting other settings

As you can tell I'm not very tech savvy Grin

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Resetting Router affecting other settings

Fix

Hi @Smurfy, if you factory reset your router, it will revert it to how it was when you received it with the original SSID/wireless Key etc.

Personally when I've done this in the past, I've created a backup file and restored the router using this after the factory reset.

You should be able to create this file by navigating to the backup/restore tab, within the system tab, within the advanced settings tab or the router.

(Although I'd try restoring from the backup file prior to factory resetting, just to ensure the router doesn't kick out an invalid file error or similar)

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet