cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for a Hub One router

kedar18

Request for a Hub One router

Hello, I recently got PlusNet broadband for my home use. I have 3 mobiles, 1 Chromecast and a laptop connecting to the Wifi network. It's a 2 bed apartment I live in, so I thought, standard 2704n router would suffice my needs. However, that does not appear to be the case. I get a low signal in a room where my workstation is setup, as I mostly work from home. Is there a way that I can request a more powerful router, such as Hub One? Regards, Kedar
2 REPLIES 2
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Request for a Hub One router

Hello @kedar18,

Thank you for getting in touch and please accept my apologies for the issue with your wireless connection.

You can purchase a Hub One for £99.99 and a £6.99 P&P charge. If fibre is available, you can upgrade and the cost of the router is covered by taking out a new contract but the £6.99 P&P will still apply.

From what you have explained, there may be other routers local to you that are operating on the same channel causing interference. Please follow the guide below in changing the wireless channel.

1) To connect to your Plusnet Hub Zero, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) Once you are connected, you will see the option that says 'Wi-Fi Network' with the name of your network followed by the 'Settings' button.

3) Please select 'Settings' and you will be asked to log in with the 'Router Password'. This password is found on the bottom of the router and is case sensitive. This password can also be found on the plastic card that came with the router.

4) The Channel is the key option that we need to look for, If this is on Auto then we will want to change this to one of the 13 channels listed on the drop down menu. This stage is all down to trial and error to find the best channel for you.

If any of the mobile devices you have are Android, you can download a free WiFi analyser from the PlayStore and then select a channel that isn't over saturated. Usually the best ones are 1, 6 and 11.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Request for a Hub One router

Welcome to the forum @kedar18 .

Rather then spending over £100 on a Plusnet router go onto EBay where you can get a BT Smarthub 6 for around £20. This is a better router, the Plusnet Hub One is a disguised BT Home Hub 5A.

You need the FTTC version which has four yellow LAN sockets. Avoid the FTTP version which has a red WAN sticker over one of the LAN sockets. Setting instructions are here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'