Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request a router upgrade?

FIXED
briarley17
Grafter

Request a router upgrade?

Currently we have a Sagecom 2704N router with a BT Openrech(ECI Telecom 061513) modem.

I was wondering if it would be possible to request a 'Hub One'? Assuming this is the latest offering.

I have always stuck with ISP supplied routers/modems, however I am finding this one to be somewhat restrictive. It also provides next to no diagnostic information, presumably due to being locked out of the modem.

The inability to see line stats makes it difficult to diagnose issues. A recent, rather frustrating example, I have recently been experiencing rubber-banding. Resetting the router has not fixed this (which I am loathe to do anyway because of DLM).

Would it be possible to request delivery of the latest and greatest Plusnet modem/router? Happy to pay postage.

Or would this have to wait until contract renegotiations? In which case I'll likely look to buy a VDSL router.

4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Request a router upgrade?

ISP routers are produced for minimal cost for and with no features that might confuse a new user.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Fix

Hi briarley17,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding the Plusnet Hub One router.

I have looked into this for you and we can send you one when you are due for renewal which will be available after the 05/01/17 as you can renew up to 3 months before your current contract runs out. currently at the moment if you wanted to change to a Hub One you would have to purchase this from us through our customer services team on 0800 432 0200 at a cost of £100.

briarley17
Grafter

Thank you for your response Ben.

I shall have a think on it.

run187
Dabbler

100 pound when you can get loads better router/modem combos cheaper .even the so called free router requires us to be stuck on anotjher 18 months contract and the way things are going latley no one wants that

I guess the people at plusnet do not see the 100 pound as a complete rip off ,the hub 5a new only costs 52 pound which is the same thing as your changin twice as much for ..