Did you mean: 

Repurposed Hub One firmware updates

FIXED
petern
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Repurposed Hub One firmware updates

Hi,

Like other posters I've seen here I am using a repurposed Hub One from a ceased account, and see CWMP errors in the log because my router tries to connect to Server URL: https://ceased.tr69.p

I contacted the the help team over a chat session and they advised that this issue will be resolved in a 3-5 month timescale by issue of replacement hardware.

However I'd like to resolve this sooner than that if I can: is there a way to get the current hardware linked to my account?  Happy to send username/MAC/Serial # by PM if needed to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

6 REPLIES 6
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Repurposed Hub One firmware updates

Rather than wait around I would get a BT HH6 from Gumtree, plenty available for £10 or so. Excellent instructions in this forum for setting up for PN, and my wifi is about 20% better than my PN Hub One which I keep for emergencies.

petern
Hooked

Thanks, interesting suggestion. Will the HH6 receive firmware updates if connected with a Plusnet rather than BT account? Do any similar constraints concerning registration to lapsed accounts such as those involved in how Plusnet deals with the Hub One apply to the HH6?

markb59

Hi,

Yes a HH6 will receive firmware updates.

After months of downloading at around 19 - 21 Mbps when in the same room as the router on the 5Ghz frequency then actually going outside and downloading at the usual 36 Mbps on the 2.4Ghz frequency, I decided to buy a HH6 from the auction site. A BT Smart Hub 084316  S17.0 still in it's cellophane wrapper. I followed the instructions on this forum to connect to Plusnet  on the 25th November and haven't had any issues since. I can still connect to wi-fi in our furthest away bedroom from the router on 5Ghz where before it was a bit of a "not spot" on any frequency.

I'm actually so impressed i've bought another for my son as he is experiencing the same problems, and yes I did try splitting channels, factory resets etc and also we are not surrounded by other peoples wi-fi trying to block channels.

If Bob Pullen wants 2 Plusnet Hub one's for his "lab conditions" he's welcome to these, i'll drop them off for him

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@petern, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll sort it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

petern
Hooked

@bobpullen I've sent you a PM, thanks very much for your help.

Peter

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

Thanks Peter, now sorted Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵