cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing what I assume is a PN Hub 1 with the latest version of the same - backing up settings etc.

PNet4um
Grafter

Replacing what I assume is a PN Hub 1 with the latest version of the same - backing up settings etc.

I am replacing what I assume is a PN Hub 1 with the latest version of the same - is there an easy way to tell? I have searched and cannot find advice re: backing up (and restoring) settings etc. so that the people and devices don't need to be changed / make any changes to *their* settings, e.g. WiFi SSIDs, passwords etc.. I know how to do the backup and restore but what is the best order in which to do the switch - by that I mean - shall I do the backup of Old and restore to New before the new router is even attached to DSL? OR - is the best way to do that *after* letting the router do the TR069 process? It seems like an obvious question to me which is why I was surprised not to see a post even if it was very short... If there are other things that I also ought to be wary or aware of then please add that feedback too... Cheers, Old B...
2 REPLIES 2
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Replacing what I assume is a PN Hub 1 with the latest version of the same - backing up settin...

You are able to back-up and restore your settings from one Hub One to another through the Admin page. If you go to http://192.168.1.254 and click on Advanced settings, then System and finally Backup/Restore. From here you can click Backup to backup your settings onto your device. Then plug in the new router, follow the same path and click Restore instead, and this time select the file you saved to your device.

This should get your settings transferred over for you.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Replacing what I assume is a PN Hub 1 with the latest version of the same - backing up settin...

Moderators Note.
Moved to 'My Router' from Fibre.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'