Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Hub One

FIXED
eldoclear

Replacing Hub One

Hi All,

I'm replacing my currentHub One with a new Hub One.....

To make life simple I'll be changing the SSID and WPA2 to match the current one, is there anything else I need to change?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Replacing Hub One

Fix

@eldoclear  Welcome to the forum.

If he hub is being supplied by Plusnet then no, the rest of the configuration should be automatic.

If it's one from an alternative source then you will have to manually input you user name and password.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

eldoclear

Thank you very much

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @eldoclear, as @Baldrick1 has advised everything else should automatically configure if it's one we have sent you out.

Should you need any further assistance however, please don't hesitate to get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
eldoclear

Hi LaurenB

Thank you - no problems with router automatically configuring. It was just the changing of the SSID and WPA2 to match the old one I'd worried about

Thanks Again

S

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@eldoclear 

Changing the SSID and password is something that I always do on a router or extender. This stops any visitor or nosy parker reading the SSID and password, which are often on display on the back, then piggy backing on to my WiFi. If you forget your new password all that you need to do is a factory reset and it will revert to those on the label.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

eldoclear

Cheers Baldrick1

Although I must admit that my main driving factor was laziness, there are wi-fi enabled devices in the loft, if I hadn't changed the details to the original settings, it would've have meant climbing up step-ladders into loft, more importantly it meant trying to get back down again............

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine