Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Open Reach Modems?

FIXED
warpspider
Grafter

Replacement Open Reach Modems?

Been with Plusnet for a long time, 6-7 years or more.  When I joined they gave me an Open Reach Modem, I use my own router. 

Do Plusnet sell replacement OpenReach Modems or do I have to get them from other places?

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Replacement Open Reach Modems?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Fix

@warpspider AFAIK, even BT don't supply the modems these days - everyone is supplied with a combined modem/router, so you will have to source your own.

John
scgf
Grafter
Fixes: 1

No. Every broadband supplier furnishes the customer with a combined modem/router of questionable quality. I much prefer a separate modem and router so I can choose my own mesh system.

If you're prepared to pay some money for an excellent solution you can purchase a Draytek Vigor 130 modem, which is a replacement for the Openreach modem and works out of the box and then a modern mesh router like Eero, Orbi, Nest, Amplifi and so on. This will give you a quality setup and I can vouch that if works for Plusnet, EE and so on. You put your Plusnet log on credentials into the router.

The Draytek Vigor 130 is Openreach approved so will cause no issues with your broadband.

The alternative is to buy an old Openreach modem from eBay - but they are rather long in the tooth now.