cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove dhcp reserved ip addresses on the plusnet hub one

twosheds

Remove dhcp reserved ip addresses on the plusnet hub one

As per the subject, how do I remove an ip address that has been reserved for a specific mac address ? Even after I've deleted the device from the router the ip address is still reserved. If I re-introduce the deleted device it is automatically assigned the previous reserved ip address, as though the device deletion hasn't actually occurred. The router refuses to re-use that ip address.

The only way that I've found to remove the reservation is to factory reset the router.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Remove dhcp reserved ip addresses on the plusnet hub one

No guarantees, but you could try this

With that device connected, go to the home network screen, then click on that device

This should open that device info on it's own. Have you ticked the always use this IP?

If you have, untick it, then take that device from service (off/airplane mode etc)

Turn the router off at either the plug or the switch and back on again. This restarts (or should do) the lease time 'clock'.

Put the 'new' device you want on and see if it takes the 'other devices' IP range. It might permit you to use that address, though it may revert to the next one available.

Failing that, you know what the fix is, as much of a pain that that is...:(

Another possible workaround is to take device1 off, allocate device2 the same IP, power off and on the router, connect device2, see if it works and then introduce device1. It may clash? You would then need to let device2 to obtain it's IP address automagically. But use caution, some users have difficulties moving from auto to manual and back to auto.

(others may pop up a suggestion too, so you could hang on before going 'nuclear' - factory reset)

twosheds

I did as you suggested and it solved the problem.

Thanks for your help.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Glad to hear it twosheds Smiley

No problem Wink