cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red internet light - how do I access router settings

janemcp4

Red internet light - how do I access router settings

My internet light is red with all other lights green, I assume this is because I forgot my plusnet password last week and had to change it although the internet only stopped working yesterday. I saw in a previous post I have to access my router settings to change the password there, how do I do this?

Thank you for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Red internet light - how do I access router settings

You log into the router using a web browser. The address depends on the make of router but the Plusnet supplied ones normally use 192.168.1.254. Put this into the address box on the browser, not the search box. This should put you into the log in page. The user name and password should be on a label attached to the router, else read the instructions that came with the router.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

janemcp4

All I could see on the router last night was the serial number etc but yes I will dig out the box when I get home! Thanks v much for the help.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Hopefully the 'etc' includes both the wireless name and password and the router log in user name and password. Which router do you have?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

janemcp4

The wireless name and password are on the back of the router, the serial number was on the bottom with various other numbers, can't remember what they were called. I have the 2704N router.