cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plusnet Hub One and Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) connection

snowcat45

Thanks for swift reply.  I have to say I do not want to buy a new router if at all possible.  I don't understand why the Plusnet one does not work.  Is there any easy answer? 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
snowcat45

Plusnet Hub One and Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) connection

I have recently changed to fibre optic and have installed my new fibre optic router.  I have successfully linked my desktop (windows 10) and my ipad (using iOS 11.4) to the new router.

I have the Alexa app installed in my ipad,  (and also my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone) but neither will allow me to connect my Alexa.  This worked perfectly well with my ipad before I changed router.

I have spoken to one of PlusNet's tech team who are laying the 'blame' with Alexa.  Is there anyone who has experienced the same problem and found a solution?

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Try splitting 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi on the Hub One:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/td-p/1351950

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
snowcat45

Re: 2.4ghz and/or 5ghz best practice?

Thanks for response but how will this help.  The failure is when trying to enter the router password into Echo.  What effect will the splitting have on my normal wifi usage?

Thanks again

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I had this issue with a hub 1, but never found a solution for it. (and the wifi channels were already split)

connects to a bt business hub and airport extreme without issue.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@snowcat45 wrote:

Thanks for response but how will this help.  The failure is when trying to enter the router password into Echo.  What effect will the splitting have on my normal wifi usage?

splitting the wifi bands has helped issues with some devices and the hub one, mainly apple.

not sure it will help with the echo though.

if you do split then you will have effectively two wifi networks and you'll need to pick one or the other for your devices. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
snowcat45

Thanks for the update.  I'll give it a go when I have worked up the energy!  Finding this very difficult as there does not seem to be a simple solution - and it was working before on non-fibre!

Thanks for help

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

We've ordered one of these for the office for testing, it will arrive tomorrow and I'll let you know if we have any difficulties connecting it to the Hub One

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager