cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hub One and port forwarding

mg

I have just had my second Hub One - both are unable to open 8068, but did open 80 - so not operator error! Plusnet have washed their hands, as 'Port Forwarding is unsupported'. From the Gurus out there, can you recommend a router that I can buy that is not too expensive - I am familiar with Netgear products, but not opposed to other suggestions

5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Message moved and title changed for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@mg

Just to say this thread for the BT HH5 (which is the same as the Hub One internally) shows how to open port 8068 for a Heatmiser Wireless Thermometer at message 5? Is it of any use?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
mg

@SpendLessTime

Many thanks for your suggestions, which I have followed, however the problem remains - 80 is open but 8068 refuses to open (and also 8080) - from reading other posts, it appears that there is a port forwarding with both HomeHub 5 and by default with the Hub 1. It is unacceptable that PlusNet provide a router that is not fit for purpose.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Well it was worth a try to see if those instructions worked. Sad

I had hope that disabling UPnP might have been the trick.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

What's the firewall settings here? https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.